Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

This is Titus and Adelaide’s first Christmas. Being only nine months old, they really don’t know what is going on, but I am trying to involve them in things and do holiday type activities with them. One of the activities was to trace Titus and Adelaide’s hands on the Christmas cards that were sent to grandparents. Adelaide didn’t mind me holding her hand down to get the outline. Titus on the other hand got mad every time. So the majority of his hand prints were really squiggly or only had four fingers. I am sure he was relieved that I only traced his hand for the grandparents and not everyone.
This was some snow we had right before Thanksgiving.
I also involved them in some of my Christmas baking. I brought their highchairs into the kitchen and let them play with some of the plastic utensil. I also let them sniff and sample some of the ingredients.  This is something Matt and I don’t normally let them do (the sampling not the sniffing). I try to have them eat as healthy as possible, but I thought this was a special occasion. Their favorite was the brown sugar. I am not sure if they liked eating it or squishing it in their hands more. Either way, it made for two very sticky babies.



The tree is another Christmas experience for them. The other evening after coming home from church, Titus saw the tree and got a big grin on his face and started making excited noises. This is his normal reaction when he hasn’t seen the tree in a while. Since they enjoy the tree so much, we have to block it off. If we didn’t I know it would make my job as a mom 1000 times more difficult. So Titus and Adelaide get to admire the tree from a small distance.  I do want them to be able to play with the tree some, so at different times during the day Matt and I hold them on our laps and let them touch the branches and the ornaments. This seems to be their favorite of all the Christmas activities.

Note the baby barricade

No comments:

Post a Comment