Monday, December 12, 2011

This week Titus and Adelaide have been more mischievous than ever before. Adelaide has figured out how to climb the stairs and she tries to do it whenever she gets the chance.  Unfortunately for her, we keep the stairs blocked off as much as possible.  At first we were using our shoe rack to block the way, but Adelaide quickly figured out how to push it out of the way, and slide between it and the wall, and maneuver up the steps. So the shoe rack barricade is out. Now we use our glider to block the way. This seems like a fool proof plan, but we will see.

Another instance of mischief happened on Friday evening. I was sitting at the computer and heard a rustling sound coming for across the room. I didn’t recognize the sound so I figured Titus and Adelaide were doing something they weren’t supposed to.  When I turned around I found saw that Adelaide was stuck, lying on her back, squished behind the playpen (we have it up against the wall). Not only had she managed to move the playpen and get behind it, she had gotten the Christmas tree cord and given it to Titus, who was chewing on it.  So I retrieved Adelaide from behind the playpen, took the cord away from Titus, and pushed the playpen back.  This did not deter Titus. He still wanted to play with the cord. He tried to crawl under the playpen to get the cord back, but his head was to big and didn’t fit. Eventually he gave up on this endeavor.

A few minutes later I heard Titus whining. This is how I found him.



I guess when he couldn’t get the Christmas tree cord, he decided to go for the tree itself. 

Despite all the work it is to keep them from getting into things that could hurt them, it is amazing to see how Titus and Adelaide are trying to problem solve. I think I have two little geniuses in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment