Friday, December 23, 2011

A Day Around The House

We get up every morning at 7:00am. Sometimes Titus and Adelaide are up before this, but they play patiently in their cribs till either Matt or I get them. If they aren’t awake at 7:00 we get them up and start our day.  We feed the babies their bottles between 7:15-7:30. After the bottles I facilitate the solid food portion of the meal while Matt heads off to either school or work. I start them off with the jar food. Once they are done this, I give them some finger food. This is their favorite part of the meal. During this time I normally empty the dishwasher and put away the dishes from the night before.  When I am done, if they haven’t finished their breakfast, I will fix myself something to eat.



Once they are done eating, we head into the living room for diaper, and clothing changes. Then, the babies play till around 8:45. At this time I sit them in their reclining infant seats and read to them. This always includes a Bible story first. After the Bible story, I do the alphabet or numbers, and some random books. Their favorite books  are “The Very Hungry Caterpillar” by Eric Carle and “Bubbles, Bubbles” a Sesame Street book. 


After reading time, is nap time.  I do have to tell you that the babies are awesome nappers. Most days they lay down without any problem. Normally they are asleep within 3-5 minutes. Titus and Adelaide normally sleep 45 minutes to 1 hour.  Sometimes a little more, but I am usually not that lucky. During this quick break, I try to get my shower and read my Bible.
When they wake up, I check diapers and change them if necessary. Then I give them a snack. Normally it is Cheerios or KIX. Then they play till 11:00. At this time I give them their bottles/sippy cup of formula. Then they eat their solid food again.

After they eat they have free time again. They play until 1:00 and then go up for another nap.  Once again they sleep 45 minutes to an 1 hour.  If I have any cleaning to get done, I try to do it at this time. I also check Facebook, and work on blog posts.
At 3:00 we repeat the bottle, food, diaper change routine. Playtime follows. They normally don’t take anymore naps during the day unless they are particularly fussy or grumpy.
Since the babies won’t be taking anymore naps, this time is used to go out if we need to. If we don’t go out, and we stay at home, the rest of the day is filled with playing, reading, singing, and dancing.


Bath time is at 6:00pm. They love taking baths. 
After bath time (normally around 6:15), Matt and I feed the babies their evening bottles. Once they are done, it is bedtime. Most days Titus and Adelaide are in their beds, asleep by 6:20. There are occasional days that they go to bed earlier. 
Once Titus and Adelaide are asleep, Matt and I spend the rest of the evening together.

These are just the highlights of the day. In between all of this, there is kissing boo boos, cleaning spit-up off the floor, stopping Titus from playing in the spit-up, random diaper changes, random clothing changes, snuggles, hugs, and lots more.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have one busy, but somewhat predictable life! I think you're doing a great job. I wish I had more time to read to Marie. Unfortunately, she just has to listen in on the Paul & Hannah's Bible story, and then, hopefully, sometime during the day I'll spend a little time reading to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I can't believe it only takes you 15 min. to bathe them! It takes me at the very least 30 to 45 min. to bathe, dress, and toothbrush my crew (and for some, I only supervise the dressing and toothbrushing).

    I'm in danger of envying your schedule and life! It sounds so relaxed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been so much fun to read all the posts on your blog tonight! I was so glad for an opportunity to meet you all on Christmas, and now I'm thrilled to know you even a little more through this blog. I'll definitely keep checking it in the future. :)

    I also want to let you know that I'm praying for the health of your little ones. I was horrified when Tobin woke up vomiting last night, mostly because I was so afraid we had exposed your babies to nasty germs. If I had had an inkling that he was getting sick, I would have been sure to warn you about it; but I didn't have any idea at all. I'm so sorry!

    Hopefully our paths will cross again one of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete