Monday, January 23, 2012

Hand Picked

These are some articles I have found. I thought I would share them here on the blog. Just click on the links to read more.

The Death of Pretty- "Once upon a time, women wanted to project an innocence.  I am not idealizing another age and I have no illusions about the virtues of our grandparents, concupiscence being what it is.  But some things were different in the back then.  First and foremost, many beautiful women, whatever the state of their souls, still wished to project a public innocence and virtue.  And that combination of beauty and innocence is what I define as pretty."


What Women Need- "A few decades ago some people got a bad idea. Or perhaps the bad idea got them, and shook and confused them till the right ideas came to look strange. We might trace it to the Supreme Court’sRoe v. Wade decision in January 1973, but even that document grew out of prior ideas. It didn’t stand alone, and it cannot be combated alone. I’d like to explore three interlocking, mutually supporting bad ideas that sprouted during that era, and then look at some ideas about how to fix things."


Exchanging the Natural for the Unnatural- This is a good article about how society views natural parts of life, and changes them into something unnatural.



No comments:

Post a Comment